Saturday, January 1, 2011
Highlights of 2010
It has been quite the journey this year! I have learned so much about myself, I've been humbled, stressed, blessed, and very enlightened. Here's a video of some of the events of the year. We truly are blessed!
January- Mark started a practice in Lehi. It is about a mile from our house and in an ideal location. We were very excited about it!
February- We went to San Diego as a family and had a great little break. We brought our niece Brianna with us and she really got to know us---maybe a little too well! My friend Brooke was a wonderful host! Mark's Dad was in the hospital but being well taken care of.
March- Lots of birthdays this month...lots of fun parties.
April- Spring in Utah is beautiful. One of the best months of the year, weather wise! Mark's Dad returned from hospital.
May- Interviewed for my first job in about 10 years and got it! I got hired at "Learning Dynamics Preschool" but wouldn't start until August.
June- School got out, we moved a street over, my parents came to visit, and our kids got to be in a parade for the city, and I ran my first 5k. Life was fun!
July- Mark's niece got married and we went to the reception in Colorado Springs, CO. We had a great time and it was fabulous to see so much family we love.
August- My Dad came to visit along with my sister and we had a awesome time in SLC one day together. I also started working. Football started.
September- School was in full swing....Seth is now in eight grade, Luke, sixth...Macy is in third and Evan started kindergarten. Jack began preschool 3x a week and I was teaching twice a week. Mark continues to work really hard to grow his business! Seth and Luke played football and we had practice and games 4-5 days a week....but they loved it! Luke really excelled this year! He was a team leader and if there were MVP's awarded...he would of gotten one for sure! Seth worked so hard and he loved his team even though they failed to win any games...he learned how to be a good "loser" but we know he is definitely a winner!! He was an amazing defensive player!
October- Halloween was so much fun and the weather was quite pleasant. Work was stressful for Mark and I but we continued to pray and try to have faith in the Lord. Football still dominates much of our time.
November- Football ended in the middle of the month for the boys. Mark's Dad broke his leg and was not doing well at all for a while, but soon "recovered" and spent time in a rehab hospital. Thanksgiving was awesome up in Ogden with my Mom's sister- Sharon. Mark got a great opportunity to work in SLC part time. We were ecstatic!
December- Mark's Dad is still in rehab hospital and we were amazed at his longevity. I had a great month at work and I really love the twenty three 3-year olds I get to teach! Mark worked in SLC a few days and made some great bonus money. My parents came to visit and Ami surprised all of us a few days before Christmas! It was awesome! We had a fun Christmas, family reunion on the 28th, which also happened to be our 15 year anniversary!
What a year!!!! I didn't get into too much detail about the stressful times...tried to focus on blessings! But the Lord blessed us in so many ways by providing us with people in our lives that were a wonderful support this year. We couldn't of survived this year financially without our parents! We love you all and here's to 2011!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Great video and awesome song choice. I'll have to go back and listen to it again. I'm so amazed at how well you can focus on your blessings. There were a lot this year.
P.S. - Sorry I forgot to tell you "Happy Anniversary" the other day. I hope it was wonderful!
Wonderful Family, great work Stacy.
Post a Comment