Monday, February 7, 2011

Keeping It Real!

So I am very grateful for the safe and warm shelter the Lord has provided our family, but I need to vent about our rental!! I strongly dislike the green carpet that is so worn down that you can feel the cement floor underneath (including the bumps) when you walk on it. I hate that I have to vacuum once a day because it shows EVERYTHING because of the color and lack of pile. I dislike that when ONE person showers the hot water runs out and when I took a bath tonight...the first one to bathe since early this morning...the hot water ran out when it was only half full and I sat and cried because I was so cold!! I detest the white tile in the kitchen that always looks dirty unless I finished mopping it two seconds prior. I dislike the huge cuts in the counter top and the lack of cabinet space. It has the least amount of storage of any of the homes we've lived in including our first studio apt!!! The oven from the 1970's is not my favorite appliance ever...On to our master bath....it's literally at least 10 degrees colder than any other room in the house including the basement. It is the smallest bedroom we've ever had and the master bath, which I am thankful to have one....is the size of a coat closet...

The basement is a little better. It's a nice space the only major drawback is the white walls which make the whole house feel nice and sterile and the WHITE carpet. It does have a nice bathroom and huge laundry room. I can't complain about those features. OK so I just had to get that out!! We've been renting this place since June and I know I should be more grateful but it's starting to annoy me. It is challenging to go from beautiful homes to this wonderful shelter that I can't change because it's not mine. We moved here to stay in the ward and I'm grateful it was available but am so looking forward to when we can buy again so I can paint and have flooring that is not nasty and to have something to call mine own again.

We've had three beautiful homes and one day we will buy another house and it will be fantastic!! My standards will be much lower the next go around....as long as I can have decent flooring, I can paint the walls, and the kitchen is not from the 70's or at least is changeable, I will seriously be fine!

There are so many, many things I took for granted...I hope I can be better now and I am looking for the good in this home, I really am...I just had to vent for a minute. Thanks. Peace out.

1 comment:

Lisa-Ann said...

I am so sorry about your rental..but I liked what you said about taking things for granted, because I do that ALL the time. BTW your blog is so cute, the background and graphics. And the Family picture is AWESOME, you need to get that blown up at Costco, super cheap under 10 bucks, and hang it somewhere!!