Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thanks Jack...I Needed That!

We've started a new bedtime routine with Jack because he's in a "big boy" bed now. We read him a few stories and lay by him for just a few minutes. He's already figured out that the more books you read, the more time he gets to enjoy his Mom and Dad.

Well tonight he got three stories out of me...each one takes at least 5 minutes because he points to EVERYTHING and says "What's that, Mom?" It's quite the practice in patience...
Well after the books were read and the lights were out, we bonked heads. I was tired so of course I started crying. He apologized obsessively over and over and hugged and kissed me. I told him I was going out and would be sleeping in my bed. I told him to be a big boy and not come out. As I went to get up he said..."You be baby Mom, lay down and go to sleep." I started to laugh. He started to go into hysterics. He has the cutest laugh EVER in the history of the planet. He kept telling me..."You be baby, Mom...lay down Mom." He puts his little arm around my neck and it's SO hard to resist!

We laughed and laughed together and it felt SO amazingly good! I felt so connected to him...it's hard to explain! Even though he's only two, he just seemed like an old spirit in that tiny body for a moment. We had the best laugh together.
I am so thankful for those moments. The moments when it's just me and one of my precious children and we're the only people in the world. It makes it all worth it. He loves me unconditionally despite all my many flaws....he just loves me! I needed that moment!

5 comments:

Jeremy and Debbie said...

That is so sweet! What a precious moment!

Amy said...

You look great Stacey! I love hearing stories like that. Children are such a blessing.

Terri said...

That is so sweet! I get those moments with Cohen and I love them!

The Cragun Family said...

Sweet little Jack! He's lucky to have such a wonderful mom! Thanks for sharing that. I think we tend to forget to laugh at ourselves and with our kids sometimes. We need to remember to find joy in the journey. Love you.

momof5monkeys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.